A Summer of Shows in Beautiful Oregon
Team NW Equestrian Sports’ horse shows offer outstanding hunter jumper competitions within easy reach of Portland and its considerable attractions. The Wilsonville Summer Series takes place at Hunter Creek Equestrian Park, and includes six weeks of outdoor showing in four show rings set within the green embrace of Douglas firs and lush fields.
Team NW Equestrian Sports’ inventive two-week format offers a broad range of hunter jumper classes at back-to-back rated shows. During the first week of each show couplet, a two-day Bedrock Schooling Series competition offers riders a schooling show experience wrapped in a rated-show atmosphere. There is something for all riders.
- Four World Champion Hunter Rider Events (Oregon Trail, Early Summer Classic, the Country Classic, and the NW Spectacular)
- A multitude of derbies (13 in all) ranging from the $10,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby to the $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby and including the $1,000 Quiet Rein Riding School Local Hunter Derby
- Jumpers start with the 0.70m Beginning Jumpers and ascend to 1.35m
- The USHJA Zone IX HOTY Jumper Finals at the NW Spectacular cap each season in the Aleron Prix Ring
- Medal class qualifiers, from local equitation contests to regional competitions to national championship
- Medal Finals are held at the Oregon Summer Classic
- Team NW Equestrian Sports supports the Oregon Hunter Jumper Association (OHJA) at Hunter Creek Equestrian Park by running several fundraising classes throughout the Wilsonville season.
To highlight horsemanship and sportsmanship, Team NW offers the Emerson Burr Horsemanship Grant at the Oregon Summer Classic and the Dibbins Cup Sportsmanship Award at every show of the Wilsonville Summer Series.